The DME Resources Professional Community is a service provided by Larry A. Compton (d.b.a. Larry A. Compton, Spokane, WA - Federal EIN# 46-3092870 - A Veteran Owned Business registered with the WA Dept. of Veterans Affairs).
This members-only community is the evolution of my online DCCTV database launched over 17 years ago; as well as the original Forensic Multimedia Community, Media-Geek.com, which I launched in January, 2008 and grew to serve over 1,500 verified members.
The secure members area provides a number of tools and features to facilitate secure communication and information sharing between verified members. Some of the tools and capabilities currently provided include:
Professional Community - FREE Lifetime Access Subscription
- Members can connect with each other, get & give help to each other, share large files (up to 1GB/ea.) via our Community Member Forums, categorize & share files via their member profile, and more.
- Member Profiles, complete with a personal Activity Stream (a.k.a. "Wall"), where members can create & share Photo/Video/Audio/Documents and entire Albums, have their own Personal Blog capability, and can add Professional Connections (a.k.a. "Friends") for growing and managing their peer network. (Over 2,150 verified members to-date!)
- Community Activity Stream - see profile feature updates from all verified members such as comments, Personal Blog posts, Photo & Video gallery updates, and Community Forum posts. Comment, Like & Share posts just like other familiar social media platforms.
- Private Messaging (PM) to communicate between members or groups of members throughout the site.
- Community Forums, which allow members to share problems and solutions. Members can attach images, files, and even embed video. They can also subscribe to a topic and receive PM's or emails when there's a new post to a topic of interest. (Hundreds of helpful discussion threads on common problems & issues!)
- Privacy Controls, to control which verified members can see various fields, profile tabs, and other content that they share.
- Help Desk Ticketing System - Easily submit, manage and view website Technical Support tickets if you're having a problem with a feature or even just have a question about using the site/feature.
Professional Community - Pro Upgrade Annual Subscription ($60/yr)
- Everything in the FREE Lifetime Access Category plus...
- DCCTV Database - where members can lookup and add proprietary DCCTV file extensions and codecs by extension, fourCC code, or company. Provides links to company/manufacturer websites, links to software downloads, notes, etc. (Hundreds of listings for DCCTV and other proprietary codecs & players!)
- Downloads & File Sharing Library - A shared, categorized, and searchable library where members can post documents, images, videos, presentations, and even complete programs. Upload large files from your PC (up to 1GB in size!), link to them from another site, or import them from another server. Current Categories Include:
- DCCTV Manuals, Players & Viewers (over 200 DCCTV players & codecs!)
- Digital Evidence Playback & Processing (Other)
- Sample DCCTV Media Files (New)
- Member Directory - Advanced boolean search capabilities for finding members by Name, Agency, City or State.
- Help Desk Support Prioritized Response - Website Technical Support Tickets submitted from Pro Ugrade subscribers are prioritized over tickets from FREE Lifetime Access members.
- With more exclusive content planned, such as restricted articles on Pro Upgrade features, website use video tutorials, brief introductory level video tutorials on various open source software, etc.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Pro Upgrade Annual Subscription will be introduced effective April 1, 2019. Elevated access for the Pro Ugrade subscription is granted for one (1) calendar year from the date of subscription payment OR expiration date of previous upgrade subscription, whichever comes later, regardless of a subscriber's duration of actual use or lack thereof. All Annual Subscription Fees are Non-Refundable.
- Membership is open to all Government employees whose current duties include forensic analysis of Digital and/or Multimedia Evidence, including but not solely limited to sworn Law Enforcement officers.
- Private sector analysts and/or companies who regularly provide related Digital and/or Multimedia forensic analysis services may also apply to become members.
- Vendors of related hardware and software are welcome for their expertise as well, but are not to use this forum or the information obtained from this site to solicit customers or market their product(s). (They may discuss their products and answer questions regarding capabilities where appropriate, add & update records or information regarding their proprietary solutions, and have access to all of the same features and services as our law enforcement and private sector members.)
How to Register
All membership requests are manually screened. Interested parties must meet the qualifications listed above.
Registration with Government Email Address Recommended - Your government email address should be used for initial registration with our community, as it is one of the primary methods I use for verifying identity. After your membership is manually reviewed and approved, you can log-in and change the email address associated with your account by editing your user profile.
Private sector applicants must be willing to provide an email of reference from an official government agency representative they have worked with (e.g. Police Department/Agency, Judge, Prosecutor, Attorney, etc). These references may be requested when manually reviewing your subscription request, and any reference emails submitted in response must be from a Government e-mail domain (i.e. - no Hotmail, Yahoo, Google, or other similar email services).
If you feel you meet the qualifications I invite you to apply for membership and Join the Premier Digital & Multimedia Evidence Professional Community Today!
Should you have any questions please feel free to submit them through my Contact form. Thank you for your valuable time and interest in our community.