The 46th International Conference of the AES on Audio Forensics, June 14-16, is just around the corner. The full program is available online (www.aes.org/conferences/46/) and includes:
- •Over 35 papers and posters from around the world on audio enhancement, authentication, speaker comparison, and more
- •Vendor Exhibition including Conference Sponsors – DAC, iZotope, BCA – and others
- •Keynote presentation on a re-analysis of the famous Watergate 18½ minute gap with Phil Mellinger
- •Workshops include:
- - Forensic Audio Enhancement. Presenters: Eddy B. Brixen (EBB-consult, Copenhagen, DK), Durand R. Begault (Audio Forensic Center, San Francisco, US), Mark Huckvale (University College, London, UK)
- - WinHex for Forensic Audio Analysis – Introduction, Applications, and Scripting. Presenter: Douglas S. Lacey (BEKTEK LLC)
- - Forensic Science and Expert Testimony: Insights and Strategies from the Advocate's Perspective. Presenters: Henry R. Reeve (Chief Deputy District Attorney and General Counsel, Denver District Attorney's Office), Peter Weinberg, PhD (Litigation and Trial Design Consulting, Litigare LLC), Joseph Mathews (Director of Government Relations, Milliman Care Guidelines)
- •Evening events including a Historic Tour of Downtown Denver on Banjo Billy’s bus
- •And a special Pre-Conference Workshop at the NCMF on Forensic Voice Comparison with Dr. Geoff Morrison
Don’t delay, register for the conference at the AES Website and book your room directly with the Warwick Hotel by May 14th to receive the discounted rate. Registration includes breakfast, lunch, and the cocktail reception.
And don’t forget the 3-day classes at the NCMF on “Forensic Authentication of Digital Audio” and “Forensic Audio Enhancement” in the days before and after the conference!
Jeff M. Smith, Conference Chair
National Center for Media Forensics